Thursday, August 25, 2005

This is How it Starts

Well, Heather told me I should share the news about my new baby, so I decided starting a blog would be a great way to spread the word. Eagerly, I got everything set up and configured, grabbed my photo, scanned it in, and posted it. So here it is...



What a beaut! 22Hp of twin-cylinder grass cutting, snow plowing, material hauling Nirvana!!!

Impressed with myself, I strutted through the house, chest out, beckoning my wife with the best "Tim the Toolman" growl I could muster. Arrghh Arrgh Arrrrgh!!! Wondering what caveman crawled out of her history textbooks (Heather is teaching again), Heather cautiously followed me back to the computer. I showed her my work, grinning ear to ear, and I could tell by her reaction she that was awestruck. Yep, completely awestruck.

But she just kept staring at me, mouth gaping open, giving me that look that made me think that awestruck wasn't quite the right word to describe her emotions. Not at all.

Dumbstruck was more like it. D'oh!

Apparently I had misunderstood her intial suggestion to show off my baby. I think this is more what she had in mind...



With absolute joy, I'd like to introduce you all to our new little adventure. This is the squirt at 8 weeks. Looks like me, right!?!

We've been dying to tell everyone, so here it is. Heather & I are very excited, a little nervous, but completely happy. Okay, maybe not so much when the nausea sets in, but otherwise, we're good. Okay, now Heather's looking at me like, "we?????" Alright, otherwise "she's" good. It's going to be a long 30 weeks!

It is so hard to believe that 10 weeks have gone by. One-quarter of the pregnancy is over. Still a long way to go, but not really (by the way, the estimated due date is March 18, 2006). To capture the special moments, emotions, and anything else that comes along, we started this blog. You, our family and friends, are a part of this experience, and we want to share this with you. We hope that you will join us on this special journey.

Chris




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I SO didn't fall for the 'tractor' baby at the top....CONGRATULATIONS!!! Two little ones in our group now?! Can't wait to hear more stories!
Mindi

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Mindi, you must be the leader of our group. You are the smart one!
Heather

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to be an auntie again. This kid is going to be the smartest, most organized, and coordinated (as in underwear, heather) kid on the block! Love you guys, hope you're feeling well, Heather.

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! We're so happy for you both and look forward to Hannah having a new friend in the spring. While 7 weeks probably doesn't qualify us as expert parents yet, we'd be happy to share any advice. (Jason recommends ear plugs and his basketball mouth guard so he doesn't grit his teeth during screaming that lasts longer than 30 minutes.) :) Congrats!
Linh, Jason & Hannah

Anonymous said...

Hurray, congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you both! Will the baby's last name be Slardwicker?
Em

Anonymous said...

A new "Our Ganger"! I couldn't be more excited for you guys!! Now T-Wie will have a little friend. The 2 of them will definitely need each other dealing with their parents' crazy friends. And poor Kash - the pressure's on now :) Can't wait for updates!
Love ya,
Auntie Maubry

Anonymous said...

Hey guys - a huge congrats!! Oh how the days fly by and will fly by:) Great idea to start a blog! My prediction: your little one will be able to navigate a website before being potty-trained:) Look forward to more news.

Strength,
Christina

Anonymous said...

AWESOME TRACTOR! HOPPIE IS IMPRESSED! OH, and the little peanut is a cutie too!! I feel so OLD, I didn't even know what a BLOG was ... I thought it must be the little yellow character that eats the dots on the Pac Man machine!! Best of luck, you'll make wonderful, loving parents. And Chris, make sure the peanut gets his or her share of CMT while in-utero ok! Pebs

Anonymous said...

Hey, this blogging thing is bizarre. Is it ok that I am commenting on the older post or am I supposed to comment on the latest one? Most likely I am doing this wrong and you won't ever notice my comments but...

Anyway, congratulations!!! I figured you had some master plan in mind when you switched back to teaching. I'm so happy that everything has worked out so well. Hopefully you can avoid a lot of those late nights & extras now that you're back in the classroom. For sure you'll want to spend every minute you can with your bratling. Take it from me, they get big toooooooooo fast, so revel in his or her infancy. As far as pregnancy goes, you know me, my advice is to soak it for all its worth. Remember that it's all about YOU for the next several months and don't feel badly about it. It'll be the last time ANYTHING is about you for the next 18 years. Don't settle for less than complete and total pampering as you'll be doing plenty of "Pamper"-ing soon enough. Sorry I won't be around to share the experience but I'll check in all the time. I'm so very happy for you!!!

Take care,
Andrea

P.S. Gee, I sure am glad I advised you not to start spending a fortune on furniture yet:)