Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Little Teaser.

There is not a whole lot to report...yet. But I thought it was about time I let everyone know that not much has happened so far, rather than keep you all guessing. Heather is having contractions, little ones here and there, and then a whopper every once in a while. As I'm writing now, she has been having small contractions for the last hour and a half. We'll see if they continue on into the night.

I think we're ready, or at least as ready as we well ever be. The nursery is complete, save for a couple of shelves and wall hangings. I have posted a couple of teaser photos below. Later on, when all is done, I'll provide wall by wall coverage.





Heather and I both feel that the birth will happen soon. We have our weekly appointment tomorrow morning and would not be suprised if we are directed to the hospital to be induced. Everything continues to go well with the pregnancy, but Heather's amniotic level has dropped. Reduction in amniotic level is a natural progression as the pregnancy nears completion. As long as the level does not flirt too much with the lower threshhold, especially at this point, we wait for events to unfold naturally. If not, then nature will need a little assistance.

Further evidence to the proximate arrival of el bambino, I had a dream last night from which I awoke saying to Heather, "I think I'll put the car seat in this morning." And so I did.

Check back often this week. Not sure I'll have many posts, but really, we are all only looking for that one special post these days.

No comments: